Saint Anselm College plans new on-campus dormitory
The entrance of Saint Anselm College's proposed 47,860-square-foot dormitory that will house 150 students. The plan goes before the Goffstown Planning Board on Thursday, July 25, at 7 p.m. at Town Hall. (Courtesy graphic)
The proposal calls for a three-story dormitory with a basement to be built at the lower entrance to the campus behind Brady Hall, and on the corner of St. Anselm’s Drive and Rundlett Hill Road. The building would be set back about 115 feet from St. Anselm’s Drive and 80 feet from Rundlett Hill Road. The building would be located in Goffstown’s residential zone.
The college initially received approval to build the dormitory in October 2008, but because of the market downturn the college decided to put the plan on hold, said Brian Rose, Goffstown planning director.
“It doesn’t make sense to hold them to the 5,000-square-foot requirement,” Rose said. “The Planning Board can grant more square footage for a conditional use permit. The building will have a 13,000 footprint.”
“I’m recommending there is no regional impact. They’re assuming it will not bring in additional vehicles to the campus. They want to add seven parking spaces at the building, two for handicap and the others for drop off, and people to run in to do errands,” Rose said.
Jeff Kevan of TF Moran said parking will not be an issue.
Kevan said the proposed three-story brick building would blend in with the existing campus.
“Their architecture is pretty consistent on campus. It’s top notch,” he said.
The Planning Board meets at 7 p.m. in the Mildred Stark Room at Goffstown Town Hall, 16 Main St.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
- Ramesh Ponnuru: There is no basis for liberal Hobby Lobby outrage - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: NH energy projects should produce wins for everyone - 15
- Another View - Kevin Baine: No, the Hobby Lobby ruling won't deny anyone contraception - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals dislike America - 2
- Another View -- David Ignatius: Iran overplays its hand - 0
- John Stossel: There's capitalism, and then there's crony capitalism - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
- Argentina tops Netherlands in shootout to reach final - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax