Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Huge homestand awaits Fisher Cats
Right-handed starting pitcher Taylor Hill, Washington's sixth-round pick in 2011, is among the top prospects on the Harrisburg roster. Hill, who is scheduled to start tonight, played college baseball at Vanderbilt and was promoted to Harrisburg from Class A Potomac on June 25.
Shortstop Jason Martinson, 24, is another prospect in Washington's organization who is playing well at the Double-A level.
Taillon is 4-7 with a 3.76 ERA, and opponents are batting .259 against him. He ranks fourth in the Eastern League in strikeouts with 100 in 105 1/3 innings.
Taillon signed a national letter of intent with Rice, but passed on college to sign with the Pirates.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deroy Murdock: These are a few of my favorite charities - 0
- John Dumais: How GMO food labeling would hurt New Hampshire - 2
- George Will: Obama's epiphanies about governing - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals are culture war aggressors - 2
- Bruce Berke: A minimum wage hike would hurt NH's young people - 41
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Does the future belong to Asia? - 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 5
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 28
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings