Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Latest Nashua death called suspicious; 9th in 6 weeks
"Each time I hear about something like this, the first thing that crosses my mind is that this is happening too often," Alderman Kathy Vitale, Ward 1, said Sunday. "As an individual in the city, it is concerning to me. It does worry me."
A week later, a next-door neighbor of the Grants was found dead inside his third-floor apartment. Police never released the man's name, and classified the incident as a non-suspicious, unattended death.
"This is not typical of Nashua, and I don't know what to contribute it to," said Alderman-at-Large Mark Cookson. "This is difficult for the community. We need to come together and look after our neighbors and try to be observant."
"It doesn't worry me at all. Things happen and we don't know the background," said Chasse. "It is not like we have a serial killer on the loose. Let them do their work, and in the end we will know what happened."
Noting increased crime statistics from the beginning of 2012, coupled with an average annual turnover of 10 police officers, Police Chief John Seusing previously told aldermen that the ideal number of authorized officers would be 185.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483