Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Listen up if you make a mean chili
If you like to make chili, this is a great place to try it out in a competition. There are no restrictions on ingredients. Amateur entries only need to bring three to four gallons for sampling. There are cash awards for top-finishers as well as People's Choice Award and best display. There is also a separate division for restaurants and other professional chili makers.
Bring a backpack
There's nothing worse than finally getting into summer mode when "Bam!" you are assaulted by back-to-school commercials. Well, you won't find refuge here either.
If you would like to help, a list of needed supplies and volunteer opportunities may be found at outreachatmcc.com.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
I was driving down Beech Street on a recent Wednesday night and noticed people outside the Jewish Federation of New Hampshire building who looked like they were selling tickets for an outdoor show. I just thought I was seeing things. I wasn't.
I am so excited we have outdoor theater here in the Queen City again. I love it so much that I recently drove to Portsmouth's Prescott Park to see "Annie" and stayed through a thunder and lightning storm delay.
For more information, visit www.shakespeareinthevalley.com.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Drew Cline: Rand Paul's coalition vs. Ted Cruz's army - 4
- Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed - 4
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 14
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: The left's arrogant groupthink - 0
- Rep. Adam Schroadter: Penalties for marijuana use in NH should fit the crime - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mercury Systems brings 90 jobs to Hudson - 0
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 0
- Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan - 0
- Sen. Odell won't seek re-election - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 11
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 22
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 3
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election