Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Listen up if you make a mean chili
If you like to make chili, this is a great place to try it out in a competition. There are no restrictions on ingredients. Amateur entries only need to bring three to four gallons for sampling. There are cash awards for top-finishers as well as People's Choice Award and best display. There is also a separate division for restaurants and other professional chili makers.
Bring a backpack
There's nothing worse than finally getting into summer mode when "Bam!" you are assaulted by back-to-school commercials. Well, you won't find refuge here either.
If you would like to help, a list of needed supplies and volunteer opportunities may be found at outreachatmcc.com.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
I was driving down Beech Street on a recent Wednesday night and noticed people outside the Jewish Federation of New Hampshire building who looked like they were selling tickets for an outdoor show. I just thought I was seeing things. I wasn't.
I am so excited we have outdoor theater here in the Queen City again. I love it so much that I recently drove to Portsmouth's Prescott Park to see "Annie" and stayed through a thunder and lightning storm delay.
For more information, visit www.shakespeareinthevalley.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Back to school at Keene State - 0
- School board holds hearing on proposed charter school in Windham - 0
- Hill district considering three offers where to send middle, high school students - 0
- Program to help hungry Hudson kids with food packages - 0
- Lebanon College announces cancelation of fall classes - 0
- Robot 'Joe' will be student's eyes, ears in Bow fifth-grader's classroom - 2
- SNHU, NHIA set to merge, public still concerned - 3
- Manchester to raise driver's ed fee to $575 - 0
- Despite opposition from Common Core foes, Manchester school standards OK'd - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 27
- Family of slain journalist James Foley calls for more action to save others - 1
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m