Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Listen up if you make a mean chili
If you like to make chili, this is a great place to try it out in a competition. There are no restrictions on ingredients. Amateur entries only need to bring three to four gallons for sampling. There are cash awards for top-finishers as well as People's Choice Award and best display. There is also a separate division for restaurants and other professional chili makers.
Bring a backpack
There's nothing worse than finally getting into summer mode when "Bam!" you are assaulted by back-to-school commercials. Well, you won't find refuge here either.
If you would like to help, a list of needed supplies and volunteer opportunities may be found at outreachatmcc.com.
NH365.ORG Event of the Week
I was driving down Beech Street on a recent Wednesday night and noticed people outside the Jewish Federation of New Hampshire building who looked like they were selling tickets for an outdoor show. I just thought I was seeing things. I wasn't.
I am so excited we have outdoor theater here in the Queen City again. I love it so much that I recently drove to Portsmouth's Prescott Park to see "Annie" and stayed through a thunder and lightning storm delay.
For more information, visit www.shakespeareinthevalley.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Reports say Sudanese Christian woman released; Manchester relative hopeful - 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
- After controversy, retired NH superior court judge fights for kudos - 4
- Road to be closed for fallen Brentwood officer's procession - 0
- Brentwood Officer Arkell's death adds fresh pain to somber law enforcement memorial ceremony - 1
- Conference participants take on climate change planning - 1
- NH agencies see growing needs for seniors - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health