Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: We thank you all during this transition
If you are a reader of the Union Leader or Sunday News, thank you for your patience, understanding, and kind words for our newspaper carriers over the past few weeks.
If you are one of those carriers, thank you, too.
Change isn't always easy, and this major change in how our papers are produced has come with its share of late papers, creased papers and even blurry papers. And, yes, some store inserts have skipped some readers.
I can't begin to list the ways in which our truckers and carriers have hustled to get the paper to subscribers and stores at a reasonable time each morning despite some hellacious late-night press runs.
We made this move out of necessity, not whim. To be commercially viable, our own press would have required a cash investment that was not acceptable. The move was to help ensure our future.
Write to Joe McQuaid at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter at @deucecrew.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notes: Sometimes, we have too much on our plates - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Chickens come home to roost with lucky German golfers - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: History has a way of repeating itself, and we are doing that with a second 'Memories' book - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Those who do so much good for NH often go unnoticed and unrecognized - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Getting it right with kids, the comics and the rest of the paper - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Marmaduke's back — and so's Seinfeld - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Nothing Goofy about a kick in the seat - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Yanks' pitcher could have used AG's help - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Rochester eyes another Legion baseball crown - 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 1
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 1
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's