Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: We thank you all during this transition
If you are a reader of the Union Leader or Sunday News, thank you for your patience, understanding, and kind words for our newspaper carriers over the past few weeks.
If you are one of those carriers, thank you, too.
Change isn't always easy, and this major change in how our papers are produced has come with its share of late papers, creased papers and even blurry papers. And, yes, some store inserts have skipped some readers.
I can't begin to list the ways in which our truckers and carriers have hustled to get the paper to subscribers and stores at a reasonable time each morning despite some hellacious late-night press runs.
We made this move out of necessity, not whim. To be commercially viable, our own press would have required a cash investment that was not acceptable. The move was to help ensure our future.
Write to Joe McQuaid at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter at @deucecrew.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 12
- Praising freedom: While curtailing it - 16
- Fergus Cullen: No politics buffer zone - some want issue unsettled - 7
- The perfect winner: Mrs. Craig gives when she receives - 0
- A sacred rite denied: Partial justice in Marriott murder - 0
- Casino tax breaks: Bad news for Gov. Hassan - 4
- A medal well earned: Ryan M. Pitts is a hero - 3
- Treat them better: Bad medicine for veterans, military - 14
- Editorial: USNH’s freeze a good start - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 7
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform