Home » Opinion » Editorials
Heat plus stupidity: Keep an eye on the kids
The heat waves of the last few weeks have brought forth too many stories of supposed adults leaving little children unattended inside parked vehicles. The temperatures in those cars can rise quickly to over 100 degrees, especially with the windows either shut or only opened an inch or two, as has been the case in a couple of our reports.
It didn't come to that. But if people have that concern, they should make the call and then remove themselves to a safe distance.
The good news is that people have stepped up in the recent New Hampshire cases. They have alerted authorities.
Further good news has come from the actions of other New Hampshire citizens such as Matt Pulomena. The Hudson landscaper heard a cry for help one day last week and used his knowledge and his compassion to save a 3-year-old who had fallen into a Windham swimming pool.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Minimum wages: Maximum spin - 13
- A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth - 1
- Supervised visitation: The metal detector problem - 1
- Charter cap trap: A restriction to repeal - 0
- Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal - 4
- Bedford’s road bond: A good deal for a big fix - 1
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 19
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH hires former Attorney General Delaney to investigate reporting delays on athletic improprieties - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal