Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Somersworth man charged with negligent homicide following Rollinsford fatal
According to New Hampshire State Police, Matthew Tsopas, 43, of Somersworth was traveling west on Route 4 in the area of Old Mill Road about 4:27 p.m. when the 2008 Infinity G35sx he was operating drifted into the oncoming lane. The Infinity struck a 2008 Kia Spectra headed west operated by Brian Preiss, 30, of Saint Paul, Minn. Also in the Preiss vehicle was Leah Fonda, 30, of Saint Paul.
"Tsopas fled the scene but was located a short time later and transported to Wentworth Douglas Hospital in Dover," said state police.
Fonda and Preiss also were taken to Wentworth Douglas where Fonda succumbed to her injuries shortly after arrival. Preiss was transportated to Massachusetts General Hospital with serious injuries.
"It appears that speed and driver impairment are factors in this crash however the crash still remains under investigation," state police said. "Tsopas was arrested at the hosptial and charged with negligent homicide, felony driving under the Influence of alcohol and felony conduct after an accident. "
Anyone with information regarding the crash may contact Trooper Christopher Storm at 603-223-8490 or email at Christopher.Storm@dos.nh.gov.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 11
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 10
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Total Votes: 917