Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Somersworth man charged with negligent homicide following Rollinsford fatal
According to New Hampshire State Police, Matthew Tsopas, 43, of Somersworth was traveling west on Route 4 in the area of Old Mill Road about 4:27 p.m. when the 2008 Infinity G35sx he was operating drifted into the oncoming lane. The Infinity struck a 2008 Kia Spectra headed west operated by Brian Preiss, 30, of Saint Paul, Minn. Also in the Preiss vehicle was Leah Fonda, 30, of Saint Paul.
"Tsopas fled the scene but was located a short time later and transported to Wentworth Douglas Hospital in Dover," said state police.
Fonda and Preiss also were taken to Wentworth Douglas where Fonda succumbed to her injuries shortly after arrival. Preiss was transportated to Massachusetts General Hospital with serious injuries.
"It appears that speed and driver impairment are factors in this crash however the crash still remains under investigation," state police said. "Tsopas was arrested at the hosptial and charged with negligent homicide, felony driving under the Influence of alcohol and felony conduct after an accident. "
Anyone with information regarding the crash may contact Trooper Christopher Storm at 603-223-8490 or email at Christopher.Storm@dos.nh.gov.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 31
- Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole - 0
- Grantham man makes plea deal in wife's killing - 4
- Keene cold-case murder trial starts - 0
- Newmarket man charged with impersonating police officer on Seacoast - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424