Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Loewen's 3 hits pace Fisher Cats's win over Thunder
After Sean Nolin (W, 7-2) allowed four Thunder runs in the fourth to trail 4-3, New Hampshire reclaimed the lead two innings later with four of their own.
Kevin Nolan led off with a single and got to third base after a hit by pitch and force out at second, which put runners at the corners. With two away, Tommy Manzella grounded one into right to tie the game. Adam Loewen (3-for-4, double, 2 runs, 2 RBIs, walk, stolen base) hit the first pitch he saw into center to plate Brian Van Kirk, then Andy Burns took the first pitch of his at bat down the line in left for a two run double as the final runs of the game.
Tyson Brummett played a key role out of the bullpen as he took over for Nolin and tossed 3 scoreless innings, allowing just one hit and recording four strikeouts to keep the lead. Alan Farina picked up his fifth save, working around a leadoff walk and error to open the 9th before retiring the next three batters.
The series concludes on Sunday afternoon at 1:05. RHP Marcus Walden (6-9, 3.19) will start for the Fisher Cats opposite Thunder LHP Fred Lewis (0-4, 2.43).
The Fisher Cats return home on Monday night for the start a seven-game homestand against Harrisburg and Altoona.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 5
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 28
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 5
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
- Roger Simon: We should not be in Afghanistan next year - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: America in retreat, allies abandoned - 0
- Charles Lane: A Social Security fix that fixes nothing - 26
- Fergus Cullen: Baines and Bramante modernize education for the iTunes era - 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice