Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Men allegedly impersonated police during Rochester armed robbery
Jonathan A. Bolz, 33, of 131 Milton Rd Apt. #A in East Rochester, was charged with conspiracy to commit armed robbery and Daniel Springer, 22, of 206 School St. in Sanford, Maine, has been charged in Maine with being a fugitive from justice.
State and local police have been searching for the two men since an older man who requires a wheelchair reported that his home at 312 Portland St. had been "ransacked" during an armed robbery June 27 around 9:53 p.m.
The victim, who could not look outside before unlocking his door, told investigators that he let the two in after they claimed to be members of the Rochester Police Department.
The men were not dressed in uniforms or wearing police equipment, but one had a small handgun. They demanded prescription drugs from the man before ransacking his home, but did not use force or injure the man, according to police.
After locating an undisclosed quantity of drugs, the two men left on foot, according to police.
Based on descriptions provided by the homeowner, police began searching for the pair. Members of the N.H. State Police K9 team responded, but officers were unable to locate the men until last week.
Bolz, who was arrested at his home Thursday, is being held in Strafford County jail in Dover on $25,000 cash bail.
The following day, Sanford, Maine police apprehended Springer, who is being held in York County jail in Alfred on no bail pending an extradition hearing. Once he returns to New Hampshire, Springer will be charged in connection with the armed robbery, say local police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 3
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief