Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Men allegedly impersonated police during Rochester armed robbery
Daniel Springer (Courtesy photo)
Jonathan A. Bolz, 33, of 131 Milton Rd Apt. #A in East Rochester, was charged with conspiracy to commit armed robbery and Daniel Springer, 22, of 206 School St. in Sanford, Maine, has been charged in Maine with being a fugitive from justice.
State and local police have been searching for the two men since an older man who requires a wheelchair reported that his home at 312 Portland St. had been "ransacked" during an armed robbery June 27 around 9:53 p.m.
The victim, who could not look outside before unlocking his door, told investigators that he let the two in after they claimed to be members of the Rochester Police Department.
The men were not dressed in uniforms or wearing police equipment, but one had a small handgun. They demanded prescription drugs from the man before ransacking his home, but did not use force or injure the man, according to police.
After locating an undisclosed quantity of drugs, the two men left on foot, according to police.
Based on descriptions provided by the homeowner, police began searching for the pair. Members of the N.H. State Police K9 team responded, but officers were unable to locate the men until last week.
Bolz, who was arrested at his home Thursday, is being held in Strafford County jail in Dover on $25,000 cash bail.
The following day, Sanford, Maine police apprehended Springer, who is being held in York County jail in Alfred on no bail pending an extradition hearing. Once he returns to New Hampshire, Springer will be charged in connection with the armed robbery, say local police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Police seeking help to identify alleged credit card thieves - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of new crimes while out on bail faces hearing - 0
- Gorham man arraigned for kidnapping Abigail Hernandez, but details remain scarce - 0
- Ex-Manchester police officer pleads guilty to felonies related to helping drug dealer - 1
- Lancaster man indicted for possessing child sex abuse images - 0
- Former Nashua court officer waives hearing on sexual assault charges - 0
- MBTA police officer arrested two more times following house party arrest in Salem - 0
- Mass. man charged in car registration tax dodge - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
- NH medical board suspends Manchester doctor's license - 0
- Fisher Cats lose to B-Mets in ninth - 0
- Livermore 'friends' pleased with potential settlement from Groton Wind project - 0
- U.S. loosens rules for Lockheed F-35 - 0
- Last surviving crew member of Hiroshima bomber dies at 93 - 0
Push on to move Monarchs out West
Win tickets to see Austin Mahone
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917