Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Men allegedly impersonated police during Rochester armed robbery
Daniel Springer (Courtesy photo)
Jonathan A. Bolz, 33, of 131 Milton Rd Apt. #A in East Rochester, was charged with conspiracy to commit armed robbery and Daniel Springer, 22, of 206 School St. in Sanford, Maine, has been charged in Maine with being a fugitive from justice.
State and local police have been searching for the two men since an older man who requires a wheelchair reported that his home at 312 Portland St. had been "ransacked" during an armed robbery June 27 around 9:53 p.m.
The victim, who could not look outside before unlocking his door, told investigators that he let the two in after they claimed to be members of the Rochester Police Department.
The men were not dressed in uniforms or wearing police equipment, but one had a small handgun. They demanded prescription drugs from the man before ransacking his home, but did not use force or injure the man, according to police.
After locating an undisclosed quantity of drugs, the two men left on foot, according to police.
Based on descriptions provided by the homeowner, police began searching for the pair. Members of the N.H. State Police K9 team responded, but officers were unable to locate the men until last week.
Bolz, who was arrested at his home Thursday, is being held in Strafford County jail in Dover on $25,000 cash bail.
The following day, Sanford, Maine police apprehended Springer, who is being held in York County jail in Alfred on no bail pending an extradition hearing. Once he returns to New Hampshire, Springer will be charged in connection with the armed robbery, say local police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man has excuse for missing court in Conway - he was in jail - 0
- Claremont man charged with arson in May fire - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 1
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 3
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 8
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483