Jimenez leads British Open; Woods sits one stroke back
The early starters enjoyed the best conditions on another sun-drenched day, but the course bared its teeth in the afternoon to create a congested leaderboard heading into the weekend.
“I like to feel the pressure. As long as you can handle that, it’s no problem,” he said. “I feel comfortable.”
He maintained his concentration, however, to par the next five holes and a fine approach shot set up a birdie on the last hole that he celebrated with a trademark fist pump.
“Just got to continue plodding along. Continue being patient, putting the ball in the right spots and trying.
Westwood, seeking a first major championship, took advantage of a hot putter to pick up six birdies over the first 12 holes.
“I was pleased to be 5-under through 12,” said Westwood. “I was playing some great stuff and it was just getting harder as the holes progressed, tougher to score, tougher to get it close.
Cabrera, twice a major champion and runner-up in this year’s Masters, got to 4-under after 13 holes but dropped shots at the 14th, 15th and 18th to fall back.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bruins preparing for tough stretch - 0
- Lucic leads Bruins past Blue Jackets - 0
- Chara's 'Gordie' lifts Bruins over Rangers - 0
- Bruin’s effort a turkey in 6-1 loss to Detroit - 0
- Krug lifts Bruins over Penguins in OT - 0
- B's top Hurricanes in overtime - 0
- Blues tip Bruins in shootout - 0
- Soderberg, Smith lead Bruins to victory - 0
- Strong third period helps Senators end Bruins hex - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings