Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Doubront shines again as Sox top Yankees
The left-hander who hasn’t lost since June 8, won his third straight start combining with three relievers on a five-hitter that carried the Boston Red Sox to a 4-2 victory over the depleted New York Yankees in the opener of a post-break three-game series.
Junichi Tazawa, Craig Breslow and Koji Uehara finished up as the Red Sox snapped a two-game losing streak and handed the Yankees, making their first 2013 visit to Fenway, to their third straight loss.
Boston second baseman Dustin Pedroia is poised to become the highest paid 5-foot-6, 165-pound player baseman in the history of the game.
The Red Sox and Pedroia made significant progress for a contract extension worth $100 million during the All-Star Break. Talks have been ongoing since the offseason, but Yahoo! Sports said Boston now has incentive to lock up the popular Pedroia.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Colorful Tradition at UNH - 0
- Media Power Youth targets preventing youth violence - 0
- Better parent-child communication is Pembroke talk topic - 0
- Rivier University in Nashua aims to transform campus with $4 million plan - 0
- Move to Concord eyed for offices of university system - 5
- Nashua in running for education grant - 0
- Teacher cuts proposed in Londonderry - 22
- Derry school district expects 2014-15 25-student enrollment increase - 0
- Derry teacher who brings science to life a national award finalist - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans