Monarchs/Kings hire Rob Blake as Manchester GM
Blake, who played 14 of his 20 NHL seasons with the Kings, is the franchise’s all-time leader in games played, goals, assists and points by a defenseman. He spent the past three seasons working in the NHL’s Player Safety department.
Blake, an Ontario native, played for the Kings from 1990-01 and 2006-08, the San Jose Sharks from 2008-10 and the Colorado Avalanche from 2001-06, winning a Stanley Cup in with the Avalanche in 2001. He recorded 777 career points (240 goals, 537 assists) in 1,270 regular-season games. In 146 playoff games, he registered 73 points (26 goals, 47 assists).
His career totals include 388 points (181-207) and 452 penalty minutes in 641 regular-season games. Among the franchise’s all-time leaders, he ranks eighth in games played, 10th in goals, 17th in assists, 12th in points, seventh in power-play goals (69) and tied for seventh in game-winning goals (25).
Among the franchise all-time playoff leaders, he is tied for seventh in games played, tied for eighth in goals, ranks 13th in assists, tied for 11th in points, tied for fourth in plus-minus, tied for seventh in power-play goals (5), tied for first in shorthanded goals (2) and tied for fifth in game-winning goals (3).
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A man of the streets helped set up a haven for those who need it most - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Life isn't what it used to be for ER worker injured in attack involving mentally ill man - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A sewer for the century - 0
- Manchester aims to end junk king's reign - 11
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester slow to get the lead out - 5
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: These players got game – for foosball - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Reclaiming Manchester's parks - 3
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Doing the work, making a difference - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
- Belmont makes deal to sell Winnisquam fire station for $240,000 - 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 0
- $3.6 million rotary near Nashua-Hudson line advances - 0
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos