Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Thunder snap Fisher Cats' win streak
The Fisher Cats (49-47) were looking to set a new franchise record with their ninth straight win. But the first homer of the year by Sanchez, a three-run shot off losing and starting pitcher Deck McGuire (5-8) put a dent on that in the first inning.
In the home eighth Trenton reached New Hampshire reliever Matt Wright for four runs to blow the game wide open. Wright walked Ramon Flores with the bases loaded, yielded an infield RBI single to Heathcott and a two-run single to Jose Pirela for the 9-2 final.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'