Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Thunder snap Fisher Cats' win streak
The Fisher Cats (49-47) were looking to set a new franchise record with their ninth straight win. But the first homer of the year by Sanchez, a three-run shot off losing and starting pitcher Deck McGuire (5-8) put a dent on that in the first inning.
In the home eighth Trenton reached New Hampshire reliever Matt Wright for four runs to blow the game wide open. Wright walked Ramon Flores with the bases loaded, yielded an infield RBI single to Heathcott and a two-run single to Jose Pirela for the 9-2 final.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan