And the heat goes on ... and on
In Milford, the Wadleigh Memorial Library has been designated a cooling center by the town, according to Jodie Gaffney of the Milford Fire Department.
Nicole Banks, director of Milford's recreation department, said the town pool is very popular this year.
Though none of the recreation programs in Milford have been changed due to the weather, Banks said staffers are "making sure our program participants attend class with water and that they drink lots of water and apply sunblock."
"We told them it's OK to shut down if they need to, but they've been sticking it out," Letarte said.
"Luckily we have a wonderful facility that's air conditioned so we're cutting the amount of time the kids spend on the playground and then bringing them into the gym," Centor said. "We're also making sure that we have extra water on hand so kids stay hydrated."
The pool and the town beach are open until 8 p.m., and I think that's helping a lot," said Lennox.
"We've seen some dehydration, an increase in sunburns and an increase in asthma because of the humidity," said Dr. Polina Sayess at Immediate Care of Southern New Hampshire in Nashua. "But overall it's not been as bad as one would expect. I think the public does a pretty good job of taking preventative care."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
- Perfect weather predicted for weekend events - 0
- NH braces for a soaker, flash floods as Arthur moves up coast - 0
- Concord postpones fireworks to Saturday - 0
- LIghtning strike sends Epping house up in flames - 0
- Weather warnings push fireworks to Saturday in Rochester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride