And the heat goes on ... and on
In Milford, the Wadleigh Memorial Library has been designated a cooling center by the town, according to Jodie Gaffney of the Milford Fire Department.
Nicole Banks, director of Milford's recreation department, said the town pool is very popular this year.
Though none of the recreation programs in Milford have been changed due to the weather, Banks said staffers are "making sure our program participants attend class with water and that they drink lots of water and apply sunblock."
"We told them it's OK to shut down if they need to, but they've been sticking it out," Letarte said.
"Luckily we have a wonderful facility that's air conditioned so we're cutting the amount of time the kids spend on the playground and then bringing them into the gym," Centor said. "We're also making sure that we have extra water on hand so kids stay hydrated."
The pool and the town beach are open until 8 p.m., and I think that's helping a lot," said Lennox.
"We've seen some dehydration, an increase in sunburns and an increase in asthma because of the humidity," said Dr. Polina Sayess at Immediate Care of Southern New Hampshire in Nashua. "But overall it's not been as bad as one would expect. I think the public does a pretty good job of taking preventative care."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mailboxes casualty of first snowstorm - 1
- Second snowstorm in a week hits state - 0
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Manchester extends snow emergency; pedestrian injured when hit by plow - 1
- Seacoast digs out from more than a foot of snow - 0
- Snowfall totals in NH vary from 7 inches to more than a foot. - 0
- Manchester police say no major snow-related problems - 2
- Winter storm brings a foot of snow to most of NH - 0
- Slow down NH, and smell the snowplows - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 8
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child