Afternoon storm hits Deerfield hard, leaves town without electricity
"It just came all of a sudden," he said of the storm cell that brought heavy rain, winds and golf-ball-sized hail to Deerfield about 4 p.m. Thursday. "It just crippled the town for a while."
"It took down several trees and wires in areas scattered throughout the town," the chief said. "There's a lot of debris to be cleaned up."
The National Weather Service issued an advisory on Thursday afternoon warning of the possibility of heavy rains and strong wind gusts through Thursday night.
Forecasts include highs of 101 degrees for Nashua, 100 degrees for Derry and Rochester, 99 degrees for Concord, Portsmouth, Manchester and Deerfield, 98 degrees for Conway, 96 degrees for Laconia, 95 degrees in Keene and 87 degrees in Pittsburg.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- USGS reports minor earthquake just outside of Concord - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
- Hollis storm damage caused by microburst, not tornado - 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate