Afternoon storm hits Deerfield hard, leaves town without electricity
"It just came all of a sudden," he said of the storm cell that brought heavy rain, winds and golf-ball-sized hail to Deerfield about 4 p.m. Thursday. "It just crippled the town for a while."
"It took down several trees and wires in areas scattered throughout the town," the chief said. "There's a lot of debris to be cleaned up."
The National Weather Service issued an advisory on Thursday afternoon warning of the possibility of heavy rains and strong wind gusts through Thursday night.
Forecasts include highs of 101 degrees for Nashua, 100 degrees for Derry and Rochester, 99 degrees for Concord, Portsmouth, Manchester and Deerfield, 98 degrees for Conway, 96 degrees for Laconia, 95 degrees in Keene and 87 degrees in Pittsburg.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerful storm lashes eastern U.S. with snow, arctic cold - 0
- Forecasters say true to form, March will come in like a lion - 0
- NWS: North Country flooding risk near normal for now - 0
- Device may help solve weighty problem - 0
- Frequent snowstorms taking a toll on Manchester's plowing budget - 1
- After-school activities canceled in New Boston, Goffstown and Dunbarton - 0
- Pembroke extends parking ban - 0
- Latest storm will make it a short day for many students - 3
- Here we go again... Fast-moving storm headed to Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'