Afternoon storm hits Deerfield hard, leaves town without electricity
"It just came all of a sudden," he said of the storm cell that brought heavy rain, winds and golf-ball-sized hail to Deerfield about 4 p.m. Thursday. "It just crippled the town for a while."
"It took down several trees and wires in areas scattered throughout the town," the chief said. "There's a lot of debris to be cleaned up."
The National Weather Service issued an advisory on Thursday afternoon warning of the possibility of heavy rains and strong wind gusts through Thursday night.
Forecasts include highs of 101 degrees for Nashua, 100 degrees for Derry and Rochester, 99 degrees for Concord, Portsmouth, Manchester and Deerfield, 98 degrees for Conway, 96 degrees for Laconia, 95 degrees in Keene and 87 degrees in Pittsburg.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- For most, no choice but to hit the roads for stormy holiday travel - 3
- Coast Guard issues weather warning to coastal boaters - 0
- Coast Guard issues weather warning to boaters - 0
- Man crushed by wind-felled tree in Laconia as powerful winds follow frigid air; thousands without power - 0
- Slick roads eyed for holiday - 0
- Granite Staters arrived in Philippines just after typhoon hit - 0
- Granite Staters fly out to Phillipines to help after typhoon - 0
- Strong winds cut power to thousands across New Hampshire - 0
- State acts to shore up Gorham dam - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race