Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua police say man pulled from Merrimack River was a Hudson resident
It was not immediately known on Wednesday whether the white male found floating in the water by a fisherman had drowned or died from other causes. The state medical examiner was on the scene; an autopsy is expected to be conducted.
Several emergency vehicles were parked along the on-ramp to the bridge, and investigators were seen walking down an embankment that leads to a railroad path at the edge of the river.
If the man's death was a drowning, it will mark the sixth drowning in New Hampshire waterways since the July 4th weekend, including the drowning of a 3-year-old girl.
"The increase in temperatures has drawn people to the water to cool off, and a number of unsuspecting people have run into trouble in these waters, some with tragic results," says a release issued by Capt. Bruce Hansen. "In recent weeks, people of all ages have fallen victim to drowning throughout the state."
"Residents are encouraged to swim in city pools or other bodies of water that are monitored by lifeguards, and to watch small children carefully," the statement says.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 1
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 1
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester carpenter, 51, arraigned in Nashua child sexual assault - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 1
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?