Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua police say man pulled from Merrimack River was a Hudson resident
It was not immediately known on Wednesday whether the white male found floating in the water by a fisherman had drowned or died from other causes. The state medical examiner was on the scene; an autopsy is expected to be conducted.
Several emergency vehicles were parked along the on-ramp to the bridge, and investigators were seen walking down an embankment that leads to a railroad path at the edge of the river.
If the man's death was a drowning, it will mark the sixth drowning in New Hampshire waterways since the July 4th weekend, including the drowning of a 3-year-old girl.
"The increase in temperatures has drawn people to the water to cool off, and a number of unsuspecting people have run into trouble in these waters, some with tragic results," says a release issued by Capt. Bruce Hansen. "In recent weeks, people of all ages have fallen victim to drowning throughout the state."
"Residents are encouraged to swim in city pools or other bodies of water that are monitored by lifeguards, and to watch small children carefully," the statement says.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 19
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 2
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 4
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 2
Trump fired up over NH mailer