Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua police say man pulled from Merrimack River was a Hudson resident
It was not immediately known on Wednesday whether the white male found floating in the water by a fisherman had drowned or died from other causes. The state medical examiner was on the scene; an autopsy is expected to be conducted.
Several emergency vehicles were parked along the on-ramp to the bridge, and investigators were seen walking down an embankment that leads to a railroad path at the edge of the river.
If the man's death was a drowning, it will mark the sixth drowning in New Hampshire waterways since the July 4th weekend, including the drowning of a 3-year-old girl.
"The increase in temperatures has drawn people to the water to cool off, and a number of unsuspecting people have run into trouble in these waters, some with tragic results," says a release issued by Capt. Bruce Hansen. "In recent weeks, people of all ages have fallen victim to drowning throughout the state."
"Residents are encouraged to swim in city pools or other bodies of water that are monitored by lifeguards, and to watch small children carefully," the statement says.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
- Hampton man still in critical condition from Rte. 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Pilot OK after Lake Winnipesaukee plane crash - 0
- Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125 - 0
- Concord water main break diverts traffic - 0
- Claremont convent ravaged by fire to be razed - 0
- Hampton woman pulled from truck, in hospital after I-95 crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing