Home » News » Public Safety
Maine man held on $200,000 bail after 4 kids left in car
Police tow the vehicle of Jeremiah Hollenbeck of Lebanon, Maine, who was arrested after Franklin police said he left his four children in the car in 97-degree heat Wednesday. DAN SEUFERT
Jeremiah Hollenbeck of Lebanon, Maine, was charged with four counts of endangering the welfare of a child, a charge of possession of stolen merchandise, and a felony charge of possession of a narcotic drug, said Franklin Police Sgt. Daniel Ball.
The children were checked for injuries at Franklin Regional Hospital but are all doing fine, Ball said.
Police went into the store to find the man, who store workers said was purchasing sandwich bags and multiple decks of playing cards.
Ball said the children could have suffered grave illness if left in a car without ventilation.
A store clerk, Joseph Kosits, said Hollenbeck had been inside the store, shopping casually, for 10 to 15 minutes.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072