Home » News » Public Safety
Maine man held on $200,000 bail after 4 kids left in car
Police tow the vehicle of Jeremiah Hollenbeck of Lebanon, Maine, who was arrested after Franklin police said he left his four children in the car in 97-degree heat Wednesday. DAN SEUFERT
Jeremiah Hollenbeck of Lebanon, Maine, was charged with four counts of endangering the welfare of a child, a charge of possession of stolen merchandise, and a felony charge of possession of a narcotic drug, said Franklin Police Sgt. Daniel Ball.
The children were checked for injuries at Franklin Regional Hospital but are all doing fine, Ball said.
Police went into the store to find the man, who store workers said was purchasing sandwich bags and multiple decks of playing cards.
Ball said the children could have suffered grave illness if left in a car without ventilation.
A store clerk, Joseph Kosits, said Hollenbeck had been inside the store, shopping casually, for 10 to 15 minutes.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 0
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 0
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Giving Max effort for the Wildcats - 0
School's out for voters
Trump fired up over NH mailer