Home » News » Public Safety
Chester and Auburn in new deal with Derry for ambulance service
"The major change in the contract is the increase in the amount of the fees we will receive from the towns," said Derry Fire Chief George Klauber. "The goal of the Town Council a few years ago was to try to find new revenue sources that would not directly impact the taxpayer."Over the next five years, the annual fees paid by Chester and Auburn will increase by 9 percent per year. In addition to the yearly payments, there are also transport fees paid by each patient the fire department transports from those towns, according to Klauber.
Klauber noted that even if the town did not provide the services to Chester and Auburn, it would still maintain its current staffing levels and continue to operate one ambulance out of each of the department's four fire stations.
The annual payments range from $57,302 for the current fiscal year to $83,896 for fiscal year 2018.
"I was part of the Town Council that made the recommendation years ago to seek revenue sources that did not impact the Derry taxpayers," said Councilor Neil Wetherbee. "This achieves that goal, and Chief Klauber has done a phenomenal job in the successive years."firstname.lastname@example.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- All safe following early-morning Manchester blaze on West Side - 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 4
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 0
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Missing inmate arrested in Rochester after crash - 0
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 26
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 7
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'