Home » News » Public Safety
Chester and Auburn in new deal with Derry for ambulance service
"The major change in the contract is the increase in the amount of the fees we will receive from the towns," said Derry Fire Chief George Klauber. "The goal of the Town Council a few years ago was to try to find new revenue sources that would not directly impact the taxpayer."Over the next five years, the annual fees paid by Chester and Auburn will increase by 9 percent per year. In addition to the yearly payments, there are also transport fees paid by each patient the fire department transports from those towns, according to Klauber.
Klauber noted that even if the town did not provide the services to Chester and Auburn, it would still maintain its current staffing levels and continue to operate one ambulance out of each of the department's four fire stations.
The annual payments range from $57,302 for the current fiscal year to $83,896 for fiscal year 2018.
"I was part of the Town Council that made the recommendation years ago to seek revenue sources that did not impact the Derry taxpayers," said Councilor Neil Wetherbee. "This achieves that goal, and Chief Klauber has done a phenomenal job in the successive years."email@example.com
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072