Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester police, Fisher Cats team up to reward safe drivers
On Thursday, the ticket turned out to be the pleasant kind — the one that gets the holder into a baseball game.
Working in conjunction with police, the New Hampshire Fisher Cats gave away 600 tickets to motorists who were buckled up while driving through downtown.
“I thought there was a roadblock or something,” said Manchester resident John Cunningham after police on Lake Avenue directed him to pull over. He got four tickets — one for every person in his car.
Police Officer Mark Aquino said he frequently tickets drivers when he sees kids not properly buckled or not in child-safety seats.Aquino said the Manchester police invited the Fisher Cats to participate in the effort. A few months ago, the New Hampshire Speedway gave away tickets at the same location.“It’s just something good in the community we do,” said Jenna Raizes, director of marketing and public affairs for the Fisher Cats. “The Manchester Police Department just helps us so much. This just seems like a good initiative.”The ticket giveaway took place at the corner of Lake Avenue and Elm Street. It started about 10 a.m. and went on for about an hour.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Big tipper stops for lunch
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Driver was trying to kill himself
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072