Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester police, Fisher Cats team up to reward safe drivers
On Thursday, the ticket turned out to be the pleasant kind — the one that gets the holder into a baseball game.
Working in conjunction with police, the New Hampshire Fisher Cats gave away 600 tickets to motorists who were buckled up while driving through downtown.
“I thought there was a roadblock or something,” said Manchester resident John Cunningham after police on Lake Avenue directed him to pull over. He got four tickets — one for every person in his car.
Police Officer Mark Aquino said he frequently tickets drivers when he sees kids not properly buckled or not in child-safety seats.Aquino said the Manchester police invited the Fisher Cats to participate in the effort. A few months ago, the New Hampshire Speedway gave away tickets at the same location.“It’s just something good in the community we do,” said Jenna Raizes, director of marketing and public affairs for the Fisher Cats. “The Manchester Police Department just helps us so much. This just seems like a good initiative.”The ticket giveaway took place at the corner of Lake Avenue and Elm Street. It started about 10 a.m. and went on for about an hour.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 16
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 2
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 4
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
Trump fired up over NH mailer