Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester police, Fisher Cats team up to reward safe drivers
On Thursday, the ticket turned out to be the pleasant kind — the one that gets the holder into a baseball game.
Working in conjunction with police, the New Hampshire Fisher Cats gave away 600 tickets to motorists who were buckled up while driving through downtown.
“I thought there was a roadblock or something,” said Manchester resident John Cunningham after police on Lake Avenue directed him to pull over. He got four tickets — one for every person in his car.
Police Officer Mark Aquino said he frequently tickets drivers when he sees kids not properly buckled or not in child-safety seats.Aquino said the Manchester police invited the Fisher Cats to participate in the effort. A few months ago, the New Hampshire Speedway gave away tickets at the same location.“It’s just something good in the community we do,” said Jenna Raizes, director of marketing and public affairs for the Fisher Cats. “The Manchester Police Department just helps us so much. This just seems like a good initiative.”The ticket giveaway took place at the corner of Lake Avenue and Elm Street. It started about 10 a.m. and went on for about an hour.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 5
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072