Gas prices soar; up 18 cents in a week
Hannah Boulanger pumps gas for a customer at Morin's Service Station, in Manchester, on Wednesday. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
Gas prices have been going up almost on a daily basis, and the surge continued Wednesday with the average price for a gallon of regular unleaded in New Hampshire came in at $3.647, according to AAA. The average on July 10 was $3.463 — increasing by more than 18 cents in just one week.
Moody said refineries in Nova Scotia and Philadelphia have been experiencing production difficulties while another plant in New Jersey completes planned maintenance.
While New Hampshire remained slightly below the national average of $3.657, the price spike in the Granite State over the last week was greater by a few cents.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- George Will: Battle royal in Iowa - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Our real Syria strategy: containment-plus - 0
- Roger Simon: Do 'real men' hit women? - 3
- Another View -- Scott Brown: America's interests come before party or President - 27
- John Stossel: We have two anti-choice parties in America - 1
- Another View -- Andres Martinez: How our imperial tax code encourages inversions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: What 'war on women'? - 4
- George Will: High stakes in Kansas - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: NH GOP's smearing of good people hits a new low - 29
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
- Nabbed and then cleared by feds, NH man still intends to sell rhino trophy - 0
- Salem police target ski-jacket thief who used tree branch to hide license plate - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- High School Football Power Poll: Some shuffling in the middle - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance