PSU study: Residents more responsive to wind farms if involved in process
The cover of the spring-summer edition of Plymouth State University's alumni magazine highlights the wind towers from the Groton wind farm. (Courtesy photo)
"We are only beginning to scratch the surface of local attitudes towards the Groton Wind Farm but currently there seems to be mixed support. The discussion revealed a strong desire to preserve New Hampshire's natural assets for multiple interests," Hyde said.
"Being involved in the process early really mattered to people's values on the issue, for those in favor," Rogers said.
Rogers hopes to hold a community workshop once the study is finalized to facilitate more informed decision-making that takes residents' values into account, she said.
She requested the grant "to stimulate community dialogs about the variety of ecosystem services encompassed in a viewshed and their associated values, including both economic and non-economic values."
READER COMMENTS: 18
- Alexandria support for wind farm not strong, officials say - 3
- Third wind farm company withdraws leases for Newfound-area project - 8
- NH officials again request options for Northern Pass path - 23
- Legislator calls for closing of Groton wind farm - 16
- PUC report says PSNH should sell its plants and the public should pay - 20
- Report on PSNH power plants heartens utility's competitors - 0
- NH high court to hear arguments on valuation of crude oil pipeline - 0
- More calls made to learn about past winter's energy price spike - 1
- Wind energy company cited for Groton violations - 0
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Vote: ‘No nit’ policy relaxed for Manchester schools - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat Hopefully, this too shall pass - 0
- Poll: More than 25% haven't heard of Northern Pass; mixed attitudes for others - 4
- Flood watch and rain follow day of near-record temperatures - 0
- NH doctors: There's more to Medicare list than meets the eye - 0
- Belmont students consider dropping 'offensive' mascot - 3
- Police: Boscawen chase involved homeless man at wheel - 0
- Plaistow man in toddler abuse case indicted in jail assault - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
Berlin BioPower plant coming up to speed
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers