PSU study: Residents more responsive to wind farms if involved in process
"We are only beginning to scratch the surface of local attitudes towards the Groton Wind Farm but currently there seems to be mixed support. The discussion revealed a strong desire to preserve New Hampshire's natural assets for multiple interests," Hyde said.
"Being involved in the process early really mattered to people's values on the issue, for those in favor," Rogers said.
Rogers hopes to hold a community workshop once the study is finalized to facilitate more informed decision-making that takes residents' values into account, she said.
She requested the grant "to stimulate community dialogs about the variety of ecosystem services encompassed in a viewshed and their associated values, including both economic and non-economic values."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $22.3m approved for MTBE assessment plan - 1
- 11th-hour deal in Seabrook Station labor battle - 1
- Seabrook Station labor lockout would draw NRC presence - 5
- No agreement reached in Seabrook Station labor talks - 0
- Seabrook plant close to lockout in union dispute - 53
- Wind-power foes object to forum sites - 10
- Decision on merits of PSNH scrubber goes back to PUC - 1
- Grafton residents glad to be dropped from wind project - 1
- Planned PSNH station closing has Hillsborough concerned - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use