Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Lawyer: Seabrook mom who fed kids bleach is mentally ill
Seabrook Detective Scott Mendes, the police prosecutor, said charges in the case could be upgraded to attempted murder, but that decision would be left to county prosecutors who are expected to review the case.
Video -- Seabrook Police Prosecutor Scott Mendes on the Wendy Wright arraignment:
Wright could be heard weeping at times during the hearing. A pair of women who identified themselves as Wright's sister and mother declined to speak to reporters following the hearing.
Police believe the children likely suffered from burns in their throat and other internal injuries.
Mendes said the children are recovering and living elsewhere, but declined to give further details about their medical condition or whereabouts.
Public defender Anthony Naro, who sat alongside Wright at the jail, said such high bail was unreachable for his client and family, calling it essentially a no-bail hold.
Naro asked for a $1,000 cash bail to be set for Wright, arguing that jail would only derail her from much needed mental health treatment.
Naro called upon Judge Sullivan to dismiss the charges, saying they were defective due to the wording in the documents.
Wright was enrolled as a student and taking classes at the time of the incident, Naro said. She also has a third child, who was not at the home at the time of the incident.
Affidavits related to Wright's arrest remained sealed on Wednesday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
- Total Votes: 917