Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Lawyer: Seabrook mom who fed kids bleach is mentally ill
Seabrook Detective Scott Mendes, the police prosecutor, said charges in the case could be upgraded to attempted murder, but that decision would be left to county prosecutors who are expected to review the case.
Video -- Seabrook Police Prosecutor Scott Mendes on the Wendy Wright arraignment:
Wright could be heard weeping at times during the hearing. A pair of women who identified themselves as Wright's sister and mother declined to speak to reporters following the hearing.
Police believe the children likely suffered from burns in their throat and other internal injuries.
Mendes said the children are recovering and living elsewhere, but declined to give further details about their medical condition or whereabouts.
Public defender Anthony Naro, who sat alongside Wright at the jail, said such high bail was unreachable for his client and family, calling it essentially a no-bail hold.
Naro asked for a $1,000 cash bail to be set for Wright, arguing that jail would only derail her from much needed mental health treatment.
Naro called upon Judge Sullivan to dismiss the charges, saying they were defective due to the wording in the documents.
Wright was enrolled as a student and taking classes at the time of the incident, Naro said. She also has a third child, who was not at the home at the time of the incident.
Affidavits related to Wright's arrest remained sealed on Wednesday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424