Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Lawyer: Seabrook mom who fed kids bleach is mentally ill
Seabrook Detective Scott Mendes, the police prosecutor, said charges in the case could be upgraded to attempted murder, but that decision would be left to county prosecutors who are expected to review the case.
Video -- Seabrook Police Prosecutor Scott Mendes on the Wendy Wright arraignment:
Wright could be heard weeping at times during the hearing. A pair of women who identified themselves as Wright's sister and mother declined to speak to reporters following the hearing.
Police believe the children likely suffered from burns in their throat and other internal injuries.
Mendes said the children are recovering and living elsewhere, but declined to give further details about their medical condition or whereabouts.
Public defender Anthony Naro, who sat alongside Wright at the jail, said such high bail was unreachable for his client and family, calling it essentially a no-bail hold.
Naro asked for a $1,000 cash bail to be set for Wright, arguing that jail would only derail her from much needed mental health treatment.
Naro called upon Judge Sullivan to dismiss the charges, saying they were defective due to the wording in the documents.
Wright was enrolled as a student and taking classes at the time of the incident, Naro said. She also has a third child, who was not at the home at the time of the incident.
Affidavits related to Wright's arrest remained sealed on Wednesday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
- Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot - 1
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 0
- Seeking to upend Hobby Lobby court ruling, federal legislation crafted - 0
- Firefighters rescue five 'lucky ducks' in Londonderry - 0
- Abortion clinic buffer put on hold after court ruling - 1
- FairPoint union members to meet and talk strike - 0
- Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses - 0
- State Police Marine Patrol IDs Duncan Lake drowning victim - 0
- Celtics obtain another top pick - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax
- Total Votes: 917