Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Chester man waives gun case, awaits sentencing for sexual assault, sex abuse images
Britton is now awaiting a sentencing date on the other two cases, which could essentially send him to state prison for the rest of his life.
A week after being convicted in that case, he pleaded guilty to 10 counts of possession of child sexual abuse images for images found on his computer. He also pleaded guilty in September to failing to register as a sex offender.
Police obtained a search warrant after Britton’s landlord evicted him. The landlord turned on Britton’s computer and found an image of child pornography in plain sight, prompting him to call police.
Public defenders maintained that the search violated Britton’s constitutional rights and went beyond the scope of permission granted to police.
Delker said police were not at fault for stumbling across another crime during the search.
He now faces up to 20 to 40 years in state prison for two of his latest sexual assault convictions, which are enhanced penalties due to the 1983 sexual assault case.
Delker said at a hearing Thursday that the sentencing hearing will happen sometime before Sept. 30 once a pre-sentence investigation is completed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents - 2
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Littleton police searching for man who attempted to rob gas station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 6
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
- Ayotte tours Dover camping gear firm - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424