Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Chester man waives gun case, awaits sentencing for sexual assault, sex abuse images
Britton is now awaiting a sentencing date on the other two cases, which could essentially send him to state prison for the rest of his life.
A week after being convicted in that case, he pleaded guilty to 10 counts of possession of child sexual abuse images for images found on his computer. He also pleaded guilty in September to failing to register as a sex offender.
Police obtained a search warrant after Britton’s landlord evicted him. The landlord turned on Britton’s computer and found an image of child pornography in plain sight, prompting him to call police.
Public defenders maintained that the search violated Britton’s constitutional rights and went beyond the scope of permission granted to police.
Delker said police were not at fault for stumbling across another crime during the search.
He now faces up to 20 to 40 years in state prison for two of his latest sexual assault convictions, which are enhanced penalties due to the 1983 sexual assault case.
Delker said at a hearing Thursday that the sentencing hearing will happen sometime before Sept. 30 once a pre-sentence investigation is completed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 5
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief