Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Chester man waives gun case, awaits sentencing for sexual assault, sex abuse images
Britton is now awaiting a sentencing date on the other two cases, which could essentially send him to state prison for the rest of his life.
A week after being convicted in that case, he pleaded guilty to 10 counts of possession of child sexual abuse images for images found on his computer. He also pleaded guilty in September to failing to register as a sex offender.
Police obtained a search warrant after Britton’s landlord evicted him. The landlord turned on Britton’s computer and found an image of child pornography in plain sight, prompting him to call police.
Public defenders maintained that the search violated Britton’s constitutional rights and went beyond the scope of permission granted to police.
Delker said police were not at fault for stumbling across another crime during the search.
He now faces up to 20 to 40 years in state prison for two of his latest sexual assault convictions, which are enhanced penalties due to the 1983 sexual assault case.
Delker said at a hearing Thursday that the sentencing hearing will happen sometime before Sept. 30 once a pre-sentence investigation is completed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal