Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Chester man waives gun case, awaits sentencing for sexual assault, sex abuse images
Britton is now awaiting a sentencing date on the other two cases, which could essentially send him to state prison for the rest of his life.
A week after being convicted in that case, he pleaded guilty to 10 counts of possession of child sexual abuse images for images found on his computer. He also pleaded guilty in September to failing to register as a sex offender.
Police obtained a search warrant after Britton’s landlord evicted him. The landlord turned on Britton’s computer and found an image of child pornography in plain sight, prompting him to call police.
Public defenders maintained that the search violated Britton’s constitutional rights and went beyond the scope of permission granted to police.
Delker said police were not at fault for stumbling across another crime during the search.
He now faces up to 20 to 40 years in state prison for two of his latest sexual assault convictions, which are enhanced penalties due to the 1983 sexual assault case.
Delker said at a hearing Thursday that the sentencing hearing will happen sometime before Sept. 30 once a pre-sentence investigation is completed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424