Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Kids in a hot car: 'Not even for a minute'
Police tow the vehicle of Jeremiah Hollenbeck of Lebanon, Maine, who was arrested after Franklin police said he left his four children in the car in 97-degree heat Wednesday. (DAN SEUFERT/Union Leader Correspondent)
Jeremiah Hollenbeck of Lebanon, Maine, had been inside the Family Dollar store 10-15 minutes before police rescued the children. The 5-year-old and 9-year-old, are Hollenbeck's childen; the twin 9-month-olds belong to Hollenbeck's fiancee, Christine Lindsay, also of Lebanon, Maine.
Police are trained to look for unattended children and will arrest people who leave their family members in danger, Ball said.
Hollenbeck was arrested on four counts of endangering the welfare of a child. He was also charged with theft when police found he had goods stolen from the Family Dollar store, and with a felony charge of possession of a narcotic drug. Ball said the drug was one Oxycodone pill found in the car for which he had no prescription.
At his arraignment Thursday morning, Hollenbeck was ordered held on $50,000. Lindsay is presently in a drug rehabilitation facility in Maine, Ball said.
Police said people should never leave a child unattended in a vehicle.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483