SAU 13 to launch Cloud computing environment this fall
In a first of its kind initiative in the state, the head of School Administrative Unit 13, which includes Madison, Tamworth and Freedom, is collaborating with two other superintendents from Texas and North Carolina on implementing a Cloud computing environment where teachers, administrators and staff will collaborate and share resources across all three districts.
The Cloud content will be based on the Common Core Curriculum guidelines adopted by the state, adds teacher and PTA member Lori Palmer.
Another benefit to the program is an eventual savings in textbook costs.
“For example, if you buy a textbook, within six months that textbook is outdated,” he said. His colleague in Texas told him that he has books where former President Bill Clinton is still listed as President.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua fourth-graders show significant gains in science - 0
- UNH math professor earns prestigious MacArthur Fellowship - 0
- School emergency notification system to launch in Londonderry - 0
- New Nashua computer curriculum stresses exam, lifetime skills - 0
- Manchester teachers to hold 2nd contract vote following voting hours complaints - 26
- Alton educator selected as NH Teacher of the Year - 0
- USNH: Restore funding and we'll freeze tuition - 5
- Manchester, Hooksett will resume schools conversation - 2
- River Valley Community College planning for new president's inauguration - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 2
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it