Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Somerville Street shooting victim: 'I thought I was going to die'
He is accused of reaching through the driver-side window and shooting Otim, a mother of a 7-year-old. Otim had just finished a double shift in a Bedford nursing home.
The shooting took place around 11 p.m. Monday, about a block west of where they live.
Unable to locate his 19-year-old girlfriend, they searched the apartment Landry shares with his mother and peppered him with questions.
When arrested, Landry told police he suffers from PTSD after multiple military deployments, police said.
On the street, they found a .40 caliber shell casing. The gun, however, remains missing, police said.
Upon leaving the bar, she said, he started arguing with an elderly woman about kids breaking into cars, and then with a group of young men, whom he accused of breaking into cars.
Police said the shooting happened around 11 p.m. Monday on Somerville Street, near the fire station at Hall Street.
She said the bullet went through her leg just below the knee. Luckily, it did not hit bone.
"If he can break down, why would he have a gun on him?" Otim said. She's known war too, in the Sudan, she said.
Landry appeared in court Tuesday morning, where his bail was set at $50,000 cash or surety. He could enter no plea on the felony charges of first-degree assault, criminal threatening and reckless conduct.
New Hampshire Union Leader reporter Dale Vincent contributed to this article.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police investigating after man stabbed in neck - 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 5
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Osgood Road closed in Milford, 33% without power - 0
- PSNH says storm ranks as 4th largest for peak outage - 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483