Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Somerville Street shooting victim: 'I thought I was going to die'
He is accused of reaching through the driver-side window and shooting Otim, a mother of a 7-year-old. Otim had just finished a double shift in a Bedford nursing home.
The shooting took place around 11 p.m. Monday, about a block west of where they live.
Unable to locate his 19-year-old girlfriend, they searched the apartment Landry shares with his mother and peppered him with questions.
When arrested, Landry told police he suffers from PTSD after multiple military deployments, police said.
On the street, they found a .40 caliber shell casing. The gun, however, remains missing, police said.
Upon leaving the bar, she said, he started arguing with an elderly woman about kids breaking into cars, and then with a group of young men, whom he accused of breaking into cars.
Police said the shooting happened around 11 p.m. Monday on Somerville Street, near the fire station at Hall Street.
She said the bullet went through her leg just below the knee. Luckily, it did not hit bone.
"If he can break down, why would he have a gun on him?" Otim said. She's known war too, in the Sudan, she said.
Landry appeared in court Tuesday morning, where his bail was set at $50,000 cash or surety. He could enter no plea on the felony charges of first-degree assault, criminal threatening and reckless conduct.
New Hampshire Union Leader reporter Dale Vincent contributed to this article.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483