Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Somerville Street shooting victim: 'I thought I was going to die'
He is accused of reaching through the driver-side window and shooting Otim, a mother of a 7-year-old. Otim had just finished a double shift in a Bedford nursing home.
The shooting took place around 11 p.m. Monday, about a block west of where they live.
Unable to locate his 19-year-old girlfriend, they searched the apartment Landry shares with his mother and peppered him with questions.
When arrested, Landry told police he suffers from PTSD after multiple military deployments, police said.
On the street, they found a .40 caliber shell casing. The gun, however, remains missing, police said.
Upon leaving the bar, she said, he started arguing with an elderly woman about kids breaking into cars, and then with a group of young men, whom he accused of breaking into cars.
Police said the shooting happened around 11 p.m. Monday on Somerville Street, near the fire station at Hall Street.
She said the bullet went through her leg just below the knee. Luckily, it did not hit bone.
"If he can break down, why would he have a gun on him?" Otim said. She's known war too, in the Sudan, she said.
Landry appeared in court Tuesday morning, where his bail was set at $50,000 cash or surety. He could enter no plea on the felony charges of first-degree assault, criminal threatening and reckless conduct.
New Hampshire Union Leader reporter Dale Vincent contributed to this article.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents - 2
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Littleton police searching for man who attempted to rob gas station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 6
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
- Ayotte tours Dover camping gear firm - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424